Partnership & Integration
Through our daily presence within each community, we become fully integrated with the interdisciplinary team.
Our contributions extend beyond the outpatient clinic and include:
- Therapy welcomes all new move-ins, and screens for safety and use of assistive devices within their new home.
- Daily communication occurs between therapy and nursing staff regarding any resident issues.
- Consistent contact occurs with physicians and nurse practitioners during their office hours, facility rounds, or when they stop in the therapy clinic to get resident updates.
- Falls and fall risks are assessed, including reviewing injuries, re-hospitalizations, and therapy and home heath interventions,during care meetings
- Presentations are made by therapy at town hall meetings.
- Staff education and in-services are provided.
- Family and caregiver training is provided as a component of therapy treatment plans.
- Therapy contributes to wellness and fitness classes.
- Clinical programs are implemented to meet resident needs.
- Collaboration occurs with all Home Health Agencies that serve the campus.
- Both individual and group Aquatic wellness programs can be offered.
- Participation in Health Fairs and other special events is contributed.
- Coordination with interdisciplinary team is provided to enhance memory care services.